SOURCES OF INFORMATION
You will find important information at the following locations:
- Genetic Diseases
- Genome View A good site to find out number of genes on your chromosome (click on your chromosome)
- Chromosome Atlas Find your chromosome ideogram under Entities: By Chromosome
- Human Transcript Map
- Rare Diseases Database
- Human Genome Resources
- OMIM (Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man) (use this site to find the gene locus and gene names or symbols)
- OMIM Gene Map
- Gene Cards – List of disease genes by chromosome
- Genetics Home Reference – A great resource for everything “gene”
· Research your diseases and disorders here:
Search more than 70,000 actual books with cover-to-cover access.
Unique research tutorials provide easy-to-follow instruction on how to research and write papers
Ebrary gives you access to over 80,000 full-text books; perfect for research projects!