BOOKS & E-BOOKS
Search more than 70,000 actual books with cover-to-cover access.
Unique research tutorials provide easy-to-follow instruction on how to research and write papers
Ebrary gives you access to over 80,000 full-text books; perfect for research projects!
Your Research Assignment
SIGNIFICANT WOMEN PAPER (2-3 pgs.)
For this paper you will also need to do the following:
1. Use 3 reliable sources with no more than 1 internet source (= websites that end in .org, .edu or .gov) and at least 2 written sources – a magazine or book etc (….this includes books, journals, and articles that you find through the SAA library online databases). Again, NO encyclopedias!!! (unless specifically approved by your teacher or Mr. Sutter)
You need to include the entire web address for your internet source at the end of your MLA citation. Ex:
Aristotle. Poetics. Trans. S. H. Butcher. The Internet Classics Archive. Web Atomic and Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 13 Sept. 2007. Web. 4 Nov. 2008. ‹http://classics.mit.edu/›.
3. Write an introduction paragraph and a conclusion paragraph
4. Have a simple thesis statement in your introduction paragraph
· Ex: “She is significant because…”
5. Because all these women are from the past, you must write this paper in the PAST tense unless you are discussing her long term impact on the world today.
START WITH: Women in World History a 17 volume set (availble on-line or in the library)
These specially selected databases are the equivalent of books. They are selected for their high academic and editorial standards.
TRY: The Gale Virtual Reference Library --full-text reference/research books ready to use and easy to access! (Count as books!)
OR TRY: The Ebsco Discovery Service and search across almost all of our trusted SAA databases with one search.